SpecialChem ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is:
100 rue Petit
Websites owned and operated by SpecialChem are accessible at the following URLs:
What are we referring to when we speak of personal data?
Under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the following elements are considered as personal data:
- Cookies and IP addresses, as they make you potentially identifiable. For us, you are still Mr. or Ms. X and we will never try to go beyond that.
- All information that you share with us by filling forms or sending us emails (contact details, declared interests), ie. your declared information
- Your navigation history on SpecialChem websites and its partner websites
- Your interaction with our emails, including whether you have opened or clicked the email, and links you have clicked
- Information coming from publicly available sources matching your name, email and company
- Aggregated information based on the above source of data
It excludes information that has been anonymized or aggregated, such that it could not identify a specific person.
What do we do with your personal data?
SpecialChem’s mission is to help formulators, specifiers, and suppliers of chemicals and materials to connect, to innovate, and to accelerate both their technology and business.
To sustain this mission,
- We generate statistics based on your navigation history so we can offer more of what you like. It also helps us understand wider industry trends and needs.
- We aggregate navigation data that we collect on SpecialChem websites and on partner websites in an attempt to understand your “interest of the moment” so we can make suggestions we feel you will like (online, by email or occasionally by phone)
- We sometimes collect publicly available information to enrich your profile and optimize your chance to interact with suppliers.
- When you access sponsored contents, fill a sponsored request or register to a sponsored event, we may share, with your prior consent, your contact details and the additional information that you provide when completing a form with our clients. These sponsored contents, requests and events are either marked with a supplier logo or available on a page marked with a supplier logo.
- When you register to an online course, we share neutral information about you (job and activity, company, country) with the course speaker so he can adjust his speech for the audience. We ask for your consent to share your contact details, which can help bring the discussion further.
- We may also share, with your prior consent, your business card with independent industry experts so they can interview you about key and emerging industry topics.
- We may access your information to help us troubleshoot any problems you might experience with our websites.
We never sell or rent your data.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies and similar technologies will be placed on your device (computer, mobile or tablet), when you visit SpecialChem websites.
A "cookie" is a small text file that is placed on your device. SpecialChem uses the following cookies on its websites:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies enable the websites to function correctly and deliver the services and products that you requested. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering sites you have visited on the internet.
- Functional cookies: These allow the website to remember choices you make such as form auto-completion, avoid asking you to log each time you visit the website etc. In short, they help provide a better and more personal experience.
- Performance cookies: These cookies are used to analyze how our websites are used. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to personalize your online experience outside of SpecialChem websites (partners’ websites, social media)
Manage your cookies
If you choose to disable cookies on SpecialChem websites, you will be able to view our websites, however, you will not experience a personalized visit, nor will you be able to subscribe to the service offerings on the Site.
At any time:
- Request an access to data we hold about you. Simply contact us. In order to protect your personal data against identity theft, we require that you provide a proof of identity before processing your request. We will provide you with an Excel file. You can do whatever you wish with it. Please note that as soon as we send you this Excel file, you are responsible for protecting your data.
- You can also ask us to delete all information we have about you, called under GDPR “the right to be forgotten”. To prevent identity theft, we require that you provide a proof of identity before processing your request.
Disclosure of your information
Any SpecialChem employee, based in European Union and outside of European Union may get access to your personal information.
We may also share your information (including personal data) with selected third-parties including, (but not limited to):
- Our IT sub-contractor, helping us develop, maintain and troubleshoot our websites
- Our email system provider, helping us personalize our communication with you, and track the performance of such activities.
- Analytics providers, that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our websites
- SpecialChem partners, with whom we share and read the same cookie, so as to unify and enrich your experience across all industry websites included in this industry partnership.
How do we store & protect your personal data?
Data is stored on our in-house servers as well as on European servers by Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, OVH.
We at SpecialChem take your privacy seriously. We implemented appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Among other practices, your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Have some questions?