What drives us
To begin, the SpecialChem personnel shares a real passion for chemistry and a clear
dedication to the chemical industry.
And some fundamental challenges drive us. They are the deep reasons why we go to
work every day.
- Help solve the big environmental challenges of Mankind
At SpecialChem, we believe that chemicals and materials are the source of many
future solutions to the big problems that mankind is facing and we are totally
convinced that innovation is vital to ensure a sustainable economic development.
- Protect resources for future generations. We aim to accelerate innovation and solutions
in such matters as:
- Energy savings
- The use of renewable resources
- The development of biotechnologies
- Resources savings, in particular water
- Climate protection
- Promote solutions improving Health & Safety of human beings
- We recognize that chemicals, while having provided an incredible amount of progress
to human beings, can also be a source of risk if not handled properly. We are committed
to help develop technologies that are improving Health and Safety.
- We believe in scientific evaluation of risks -- the only possible way to make rational
- Help create wealth for progress:
For us, Innovation is a way to enable good ideas and individuals to create economic
wealth and shared successes.
As such, our mission is to connect people to demand and enable everyone to
make innovation happen.
We are in particular committed to help chemicals technology development in emerging
countries, to stimulate wealth creation and the development of talents.
- Help transform the chemical industry
Our ultimate goal is to unleash the innovation potential of chemistry by
a superior connectivity with all the other industries downstream.
Growth in the chemical industry is no longer the result of inventions of new molecules
from labs. Growth and innovation is now resulting more from the adaptation
of the huge number of existing technologies offered by chemistry to answer
the needs in the downstream markets.
We see ourselves as an accelerator of the right connections down the value chain
and a communications-enabler to foster this adaptation.