Thank you for your interest in this topic but this request for proposal is now closed.
Sep 13 2012
- Contractual partnership (R&D)
- Buying the technology
- Licensing the technology
You have 2 options for submitting a Proposal:
- On-line submission
(fill out the on-line Proposal template, accept the Proposal Submission Terms and click on "Submit")
- Download the Proposal Submission Template
and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Give the most attractive description of your proposed solution in field 2 "General Description of your Proposal".
Do not unveil any confidential information at this stage.
Type of solution sought
- A technology
- A co-development partner
Description of Desired Solution
A SpecialChem client is looking for a technology (an active molecule or combination of different substances) effectively repelling insects from food production lines.
The SpecialChem client, a company leader in Europe for food production in many categories of products, has implemented different pest control procedures. Many different practices are used by food producers to control the risk of pest infection, but the use of ingredients that are killing insects is not possible as dead bodies would pollute the production lines.
More efficient and effective insect repelling systems are needed.
New solutions – safer for human beings and for the environment – that would improve the food and facilities protection.
Our client could be interested in co-developing the appropriate technology with a partner who would benefit from its large capabilities.
Detailed Solution Description
SpecialChem client is looking for an insect repelling technology that must:
- Be food grade approved or have a potential to be food grade approved
- Be effective at very low dosages
- Actively repels the following insects:
- Sitophilus granarius, Sitophilus oryzae, Stegobium paniceum, Rhyzoperta dominica, Plodia interpunctella
- Be safe for environment (as standard definition means)
- Be effective and long lasting (from 0,5 to 2 years)
- Resist to air and light
- Resist to temperature up to 60°C
- Not have insecticide properties: it is not intended to kill insects, only to keep them away
- Not have perceptible odor for humans at effective concentration rate
The SpecialChem client would prefer
- A natural-derived substance
- A substance soluble in fats
Our client is open to any application methods that would preserve the effect of the substance.
Possible Routes To Investigate (Not Limited to)
Substances naturally avoided by insects.
Solution that are not of interest
- Whatever the performances, the Specialchem client is not interested in insecticide technologies
- Antifeedant ingredients, whatever the performances
- Substances that cannot be used in contact with food are also not of interest.
Timeframe for adopting this solution
The SpecialChem client would like to be able to use the proposed technology within a year.
Other Comments / Important Considerations
- Our client would appreciate if respondents could provide a cost per ton of the proposed technology
- Our client is ready to co-develop the technology with a partner, if needed.
Type of Outcome expected
- A ready-to-be-used technology
- A partner
Seeker's Company Demographics
- Industry our client is in: Food
- Annual Revenue: 4 billion EURO
- Years in Business: >100
- Headquarters Area: Europe