Thank you for your interest in this topic but this request for proposal is now closed.
Nov 24 2011
- Contractual partnership (R&D, marketing…)
You have 2 options for submitting a Proposal:
- On-line submission
(fill out the on-line Proposal template, accept the Proposal Submission Terms and click on "Submit")
- Download the Proposal Submission Template
and send it back to email@example.com
Give the most attractive description of your proposed solution in field 2 "General Description of your Proposal".
Do not unveil any confidential information at this stage.
Description of Desired Solution
A leading Fast Moving Consumer Good organization is looking for renewable (non-fossil-fuel-sourced) substitutes to replace mineral oils in cosmetic formulations. The substitute should have similar properties as mineral oils and being either liquid, semi solid or solid.
End consumers are expecting cosmetic products formulated with less petroleum-derived ingredients. Some products are now claiming “Free from”, including “free from mineral oil”. Based on these observations our client searches alternatives to mineral oils.
Detailed Solution Description
Our client is seeking a substitute to one of the following mineral oils (liquid, semi solid, solid):
The substitute must have the following properties:
- Paraffinum Liquidum, d=0,827-0,89, v=110-230 mPas
- Paraffinum Liquidum, d=0,81-0,875, v=25-80 mPas
- Soft paraffin - Paraffin with melting point around 45°C, 25-28 C-Atoms
- Hard paraffin - Paraffin with melting point 50-60°C, 29-32 C-Atoms
- Cera Microcristallina is the description for micro crystalline Waxes
- Micro wax - Paraffin with melting point 70-80°C, up to 75 C-Atoms
- Petrolatum - mixture of solid and liquid paraffins, melting point 38 – 58°C
- Vaseline - trade name of a petrolatum
- Not being from fossil fuel sources
- Have similar occlusive properties as mineral oil
- Have Similar organoleptic properties on the skin as mineral oil
- Have Similar skin hydration properties as mineral oil
- Have Similar viscosity data as mineral oil
- Have Similar melting points as mineral oil
- Have Similar behavior in cosmetic/dermatological products (creams, lotions etc.) as mineral oil. (Data concerning similarities with mineral oils would be appreciated)
- No strong odor, without odor
- No strong colors (deep colors like intensive brown, black etc)
- Not harmful, toxic
- Mixture of ingredients is ok, when they can be exactly specified and are not harmful, toxic, but high content of the main ingredient is preferred
- Chemistry of the ingredient (s) must be provided, INCI is preferred
- The substitute should be available in tons
Possible Routes To Investigate (Not Limited to)
Natural raw materials like esters, triglycerides, ethers, carbonates etc. could be of interest for our client.
Solution that are not of interest
- Ingredients from fossil fuel sources are not of interest
- Very expensive ingredients are not of interest
- Price of substitutes must be comparable to mineral oils or waxes.
Timeframe for adopting this solution
A ready-to-be-used solution could be incorporated very rapidly by our client into its formulations.
Other Comments / Important Considerations
- Price of the substitute must be indicated in Euro per ton.
- It is preferred that the proposed ingredient has an INCI and no restriction to use for cosmetics/dermatology unless the solution provider is interested in making all necessary registrations
- Own test results of the solution provider concerning the benefits in cosmetics/dermatology are preferred instead of literature descriptions of the benefits
Seeker's Company Demographics
- Industry our client is in: Cosmetics, dermatology
- Annual Revenue: Multi-billion €
- Years in Business: 90
- Headquarters Area (NAFTA / EUROPE / ASIA…): Europe